Having experienced counselling sessions, as a client myself, I know that making the decision to contact a counsellor can be daunting. You may be unsure about talking about the difficulties you are experiencing, or perhaps, if this is to be your first experience of counselling, then the thought of talking to a complete stranger about your feelings might just feel a little odd at first. Therefore, it is important that you choose a counsellor you feel you can connect with, someone who you feel you will be able to trust and build a therapeutic relationship with.
I believe that counselling can help with our overall wellbeing, and so many of the emotional difficulties that can impact negatively on our lives. For example, counselling can help with, perhaps, your relationships, your career, confidence, and your self-esteem. It can also help you to understand the reasons why you may do the things you do, think the things you think and also perhaps give you some understanding into your thoughts and feelings, and help you make sense of the things that have been going on for you and give you the tools to enable you to move forward in your life.
“We think we listen, but very rarely do we listen with real understanding, true empathy. Yet listening , of this very special kind, is one of the most potent forces for change that I know.” (Carl Rogers, 1980)
I understand that sometimes it can be difficult to make that first move and reach out and ask for support, however, if, perhaps you are reading this now, and recognising that counselling may be beneficial to you, take the first steps and contact me. Together we can work towards making the changes you would like to make to help you move forward in your life.
AIM Awards Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Practice (2019)
AIM Awards Level 3 Certificate in Counselling (2016)
AQA Level 2 Introduction to Counselling Concepts (2011)
AQA Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (2012)
- Complex Trauma Certification Level 1&2 (CCTP/CCTP-II) (2022)
- Lindum college -Level 5 Cognitive Behavioural Diploma (2022)
- Psychodynamic Bridging Course (BFC) (2022)
- Bereavement Counselling training
- British Focussing Association – Certificate in Focussing Skills (2021)
- Advanced Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (2021)
- BSc (Hons) Social Policy (2006)
PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATION MEMBERSHIP
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) – I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. Registration Number – 381995 . This is a register that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority and is a programme which was set up by the Government to improve standards and safety for the benefit of the public.British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- National Counselling Society (NCS)
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society. Membership Number NCS18-05939 This is a register that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority and is a programme which was set up by the Government to improve standards and safety for the benefit of the public.
I have regular clinical supervision and ongoing professional development.
- DBS Checked
- ICO registered